Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Time to Mobilise




Absolutely disgraceful. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water and all the summer surprises had been and gone, a last day firesale results in the sale of two of our best strikers and our best midfielder; the money generated by which will mainly disappear between now and January like the Pienaar money and like the Vaughan money.

So Arteta's gone for what can only be described as a shite offer of £10 million. Xabi Alonso had 1 year left on his contract and went to Madrid for £34 million. Arteta had 4 years left on his contract, and went for £10 million, to a club we knew had money and needed desperately to replace Fabregas. I don't think there's that much of a disparity between the two to be honest.

Then the strikers? How could he sell Beckford after the season he's had? In limited starts, and mainly bench appearances, he's impressed more than both the other strikers and has always looked pumped up and dangerous when he's played. He has an okay goals-to-game ratio and I'm sure would've got 15+ this season given a run in the side. This player may as well have put Kenwright on his shirt because he had skint chairman written all over him from the moment he stepped into Finch farm. Sign for nothing, put on minimal wages, sell in a year's time to make a quick buck.

I still think Yakubu had something left to give. I can see why he went for the money he did though, and it didn't look like he was part of Moyes' plans. I don't see how you can justify selling him though AND selling Beckford? Surely it's one or the other?

All the best to those three players in their future endeavours. It was literally a firesale yesterday. I highly doubt Moyes will see any fair portion of that money come January. It was a case of let's see how much money we can generate by selling players and there was never even any talk of anyone coming in (loanees not withstanding).

I've seen a fair bit of Drenthe, mainly before he went to Real (he's been more elusive than Big Foot since signing for Real). He looked a real talent when he was younger so hopefully, if he can get his confidence up and hit the ground running, we'll see a lot of good things from him. Nice, at least, to see Moyes finally address the problem of width and pace. I'm excited by this signing. As excited as an Evertonian can be at the moment, at least.

As for this Great Quali striker fella we've signed, I've not a fucking clue. He could be Tevez good, or Rodrigo/Anderson Da Silva bad. I don't know anything about him really. I hope Moyes has done extensive research because there best be a good reason as to why we've brought him in (although I don't think Bill's selected airline, Easyjet, fly to Argentina. Certainly not cheap anyway!) There best be some sort of justification in selling, for me, two proven strikes, and bringing this kid in on loan. Meaning, by the way, if he scores 15+ this season, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, QPR, Stoke, Wigan...pretty much any one of our 19 rivals could snatch him up anyways and we'll be left thumb-twiddling again.

This cunt (yes, I'm dropping C-bombs any which way) Kenwright needs to go. Constantly annoyed by his overdramatic manner with the press and his gross mismanagement of our football club I've, like 95% of Evertonians, reached my wit's end. I was finally coming to grips to the fact we weren't going to sign a player again (making it a total of 2 years now) and be the only club in the football league to not make a signing (although SSN's SkyPad figures show total spend of something like £420 million), but to have such a dramatic firesale on the last day to keep your head afloat and make two indifferent loan signings? Although, I must admit, Drenthe could be a good signing.

From here the team I'd play would be:


Howard

Coleman Heitinga Jagielka Baines

Fellaini Rodwell

Osman Barkley Drenthe

That Argie great Quali fella


I'd play that Argentine, not because I think he's better than Saha, but because I'm sick of seeing Moyes' blue-eyes constantly getting picked. Cut the shite, trim the fat; the likes of Neville, Hibbert, Anichebe and Bilyaletdinov should be seeing the bench at most.

What Moyes will pick:

Howard

Neville Jagielka Distin Baines

Fellaini Rodwell

Anichebe Barkley Osman

Saha


Most people have Kenwright in their scopes and I do too, but I've come fully-loaded with a Rambo/Rimbo arsenal and am gunning for Kenwright, the manager and the players. The club's gone completely stale and is reversing on a motorway in terms of the Premier League for me. How such an open Evertonian can be strangling the club into submission I find absolutely heart-breaking. He can't justify this at all for me.

Although, we do have those apathetic fans. "Could be worse, could be in the Walter Smith days." "At least we're not fighting relegation." "Warayyyy another year without the league for the Kopites." These people need to quit the Valium and join us in the modern day. Wake up! We are in the David Moyes days (just last the only true footballer at the club and have no ball-playing midfielders left - no creativity, route one for the rest of the season I'd imagine), I'm not sure if we'll be fighting relegation but we'd be lucky to finish above 12th, and those Kopites you're referring to who were up shit's creek about 9 months ago (to your delight), have now spent over a £100million on players. Now don't get me wrong, I think some of those signings were shite, but they're in a much better state than they were a year ago whereas we've gone into severe decline. I don't see United fans saying "Could be worse, remember when we had Ron Atkinson?" when they finish second or third.

So long as we have these people behind the club, Kenwright will sit on his fat jacksie at the helm for many a year to come, despite any sort of logical reasoning for what he's done over the last few years. You know the type, some sort of variation on Everton or EFC in their Facebook name, change their profile picture to the badge of Liverpool's next opposition etc...

The club needs cleaning from every angle. Chairman, Manager, Players, Fans. It's laundry day today as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment